Thursday, October 29, 2009

Oh how they grow up so fast

Clicking along avoiding anything remotely work related, I was made aware of Marie Sjoberg's website... All I could think of was quiet little Marie. One of the sweetest dark haired little girls ever. Introspective little thing. Rather shy (then) and frankly a bit of a dreamer... really just like many other 14 year old girls. The very first and ultimately last poem I ever wrote in Swedish ended up in her hands. I never did find out what she did with it. Anyway I graduated from the school we both attended in the same year as her older sister who was a friend of mine. I moved up and down Europe and moved back to Botswana and South Africa and never though about many things, places and people again, Marie included.

Today Marie is a fully fledged photographer... I feel old! Anyway...

Looking over Marie's website I see a lot of that very same Marie from back in the day when I see her photos. Her pics are very thoughtful, introspective, and well, for a change I can see her point of view, since back then she was rather quiet and our conversations were pretty short.

No comments: